To bridge research with practice and improve care I develop, implement, and evaluate digital and arts-based knowledge translation initiatives. Examples of this work include:
- “Ethical guidance for people who work in long-term care: What is the right thing to do in a pandemic?” Iaboni, A., Grigorovich, A., Barned, C., Rodrigues, K., Kontos, P., Chu, C., Astell, A. (2020). https://brainxchange.ca/Public/Files/COVID-19/Dementia-Isolation-Toolkit-Ethical-Guidance-Tool-S.aspx
An ethical guidance tool for compassionate, safe, and effective isolation of people living with dementia in long-term care during COVID-19.
- Out at Home. Co-producers: Grigorovich, A., Churchill, S., Boule, J. Collaborators: Rainbow Health Ontario, VHA Home HealthCare. https://www.outathome.ca
20-min research-based film that challenges stigma associated with sexual and gender diversity in later life, and offers insights for how to improve the cultural competency of care providers, and enhance the quality of care for older LGBTQ persons.
- “Supporting sexuality and intimacy in long-term dementia care.” Co-Principal Investigators: Grigorovich, A., Kontos, P. Co-Investigators: Gray, J., Heesters, A., Schindel Martin, L., Tamblyn Watts, L., Anderson, R., Barrick, C., Marczyk, P., Quinn-Humphrey, K., Wong, J., Chong, R.; Partner: Alzheimer Society of Toronto. https://womensxchange.womensresearch.ca/challenge/previously-funded-projects/
3-min research-based video to raise awareness about the benefits of sexual expression for persons living with dementia in residential long-term care homes as well as common challenges to supporting it.
- “TicTacTDR.” Collaborators: Grigorovich, A., Kontos, P., Sixsmith, J., Fang, M.L., Wada, M., Dionne, P.O., Sauvé, L., Plante, P. https://www.jeuxserieux.ca/age-well/tictactdr/
A digital educational game that is trivia-based. This game supports multi-player engagement and enhances learning about and implementation of transdisciplinary research principles.
- “Transdisciplinarity Game Night.” Collaborators: Johnson, M., Kontos, P., Sixsmith, J., Grigorovich, A., Fang, M.L., & Wada, M. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoB089qSs0I
A 2-minute animation video that highlights the principles of transdisciplinary research and its importance for the development of successful technologies for older adults and carers.